jueves, 25 de agosto de 2016

Lorena Costoya on CHANGZHOU!

Hello everybody! My name is Lorena, I'm 33 years old and I love travelling. I've visited so many countries and places that I've decided to write a blog with little entries for you to know about culture and things you can do if you decide to try the same destinations as me. Are you ready? Here we go!

In this occasion I'm going to write about Changzhou, which is a prefecture-level-city in southern Jiangsu, China, with a population of about 5,000,000 inhabitants. This city is located on the southern bank of the Yangtze River, and I had the great opportunity to stay in a little typical house with wonderful sights of this river. Just look at this picture below and imagine it. Waking up every morning with the sound of birds, opening the wooden door and enjoying the nature itself from your balcony, all in front of you. Unforgettable. A sensation of peace and carelessness will invades you immediately.




Anyway, it depends on the season you choose to visit this place, of course. I went there in spring, for me the best option because I hate the cold weather, and it was wonderful, with 15 or 17 degrees maximum. If you travel in winter, you will support up to7 degrees , and in summer is horrible, with more than 30 degrees, including nights! It's not for me!

Apart from the beautiful sceneries you find from your own room, Changzhou offers a lot of things to see and activities to do, from visiting the Ruins of Yancheng, the four pictures below, to going to the China Dinosaur Park, situated in the Xinbei District of the city. 





This park it a collection of bones and fossils of dinosaurs from all over China. If you enjoy more the religion, you have the opportunity to visit the Tianning Temple, one of the largest Zen Buddhist temple and monasteries in China. As I'm an enthusiast of this religion, it was the place I enjoyed the most. The feeling of peace and relax was really indescribable (sadly, I wasn't allowed to take photos of this beautiful place).

I don't know why a gorilla is in the middle of the dinosaurs, but all the tourists which visits the Park, take a photo of it.

For the least adventurous, there is another place you can go, with or without children.
The Dongpo Park, located in the east part of downtown of Changzhou city, is a typical Jiangnan Garden composed of cultural sites and natural landscapes with 2,667 hectares. If you love taking photographs or you simply want to forget that you are in a city, don't let it go.




The Old Museum of Wisteria is also located in this city, but I don't like this kind of tourism. If you do, you can find a piece of information in this link:



So, friends, that's all for now. If you want, you can send me your comments in the space provided, telling me if you like this blog, if I can improve something, or maybe if you would like to travel but you can't, you can give me some ideas of places I can visit and write about. This way, you would feel as if you were there with me! 

See you soon!

Leave your comment here:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario