miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2016

Verónica Rodríguez on AMHERST!

The New Travelers Blog
FIRST POST: WELCOME TO AMHERST!


Hi everybody! My name is Verónica and I’m an intrepid traveler! So, after thinking about it for some time I decided to write a blog to share with everyone my experiences about the places that I’ve visited in the last 6 years! And why not? I’ve decided to start with AMHERST!
I’m sick of all blogs that tell us about big cities, there are also many beautiful and very interesting villages, and today I will show you one of my favourites!




Amherst is located in Hampshire County, in the US state of Massachusetts, and it has about 37.819 inhabitants.

I’m pretty sure that almost nobody knows who was Jeffrey Amherst,... well, many Northeasten United States cities have his name, and the reason is because he was a war hero in the wars againts the French and the Indians, but perhaps ‘hero’ is not very appropiate, because the latest research says that he behaved really bad towards the Indians, so many people want to change the name of the city, ande the favourite alternative name is ‘Emily’, in honor of the poet Emily Dickinson.

And now that you know a bit of Amherst’s history, you are ready to discover more interesting things!


If you are thinking about studying at university, and you don’t know where to go, perhaps you would like to know that Amherst is a vibrant university city, where are the famous Amherst College, Hampshire College and Massachusetts University.



UNIVERSITY LINK---------> https://www.amherst.edu/admission/visit





But there are many other things in this lively city, such as: an independent movie theater, diverse restaurants, coffee shops, breweries and many bookstores in beautiful buildings surrounded by flower gardens. 

I think that it sounds like a dream! 

COMMENTS:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario